ControlLogix Systems Course Level 2
The course is aimed at personnel who have completed the ControlLogix basics / systems course. This course covers intermediate and advanced programming techniques, data types, instructions and languages.
Equipment per Delegate
- Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix or FlexLogix PLC.*
- PC or laptop.
* Systems designated to suit delegates requirements.
- Advanced hardware features.
- Reading and writing data to IO cards.
- Use of diagnostics IO cards.
- Use of analog cards, PID, scaling, etc.
- Advanced program design and operation.
- Period and event driven tasks.
- Controller fault handler.
- Controller power up handler.
- Add-on instructions (function blocks).
- Intermediate data types, arrays, user defined data types.
- Intermediate and advanced instructions.
- Masked move, compute CPT.
- System value instructions, GSV, SSV.
- Systems with multiple CPUs.
- Communications between PLC system, SCADA and HMIs.
- Linking to ControlLogix via the internet.
- Messaging instructions MSG.
- Producer and consumer tags.
- Move logical instructions masked move, MVM.
- Bit field distribute, BTD.
- File instructions, file fill, FFL, copy COP.
- Bit shift instructions, BSL, BSR.
- Program control instructions, JMP, LBL, RET, MCR, SBR, AFI.
- Passing parameters between program blocks.
- Software tools.
- Flash upgrading of modules.
- Tag data monitor tool.
- BOOTP DHCP server.
- Remote monitoring via ethernet.
- Exporting data to Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate and advanced programming languages.
- Introduction to FBD (Function Block Diagram) programming.
- Introduction to ST (Structured Text) programming.
- Programming tips and tricks.
- Fault finding tips and tricks.
Provisional bookings can be made via email, phone or letter. Confirmation in writing with a purchase order number is required four weeks prior to the course start date.
Dates may be offered to other customers after this date.
Joining instructions are sent out approximately two weeks prior to the course start date.
Typical course times are 09:00 to 16:30. Alternative arrangements can be made for customised and on-site courses.
A light lunch will be provided when training at our in-house facility.
Payment and Cancellations
Fees are based upon payment being made to confirm course booking. Should you be unable to meet these terms please advise us as we will be able to re-quote on your payment terms.
Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT. New Customers are required to pay pro forma.
Requests for cancellation must be made via email or letter. Cancellation charges may apply.