DeviceNet Level 1
Upon completion of the course the student should:
- Be able to recognise DeviceNet hardware and be able to replace modules when a fault occurs.
- Be able to operate the RSNetworx software to make it perform certain tasks.
- Understand basic concept of nodes, commissioning, scanner cards , scan list, addressing and communications with the PLC.
- Be able to replace DeviceNet nodes when required.
- Be able to perform basic system diagnostics when a problem occurs.
Equipment per Delegate
- Allen-Bradley SLC 500, ControlLogix, CompactLogix PLC.*
- DeviceNet network.
- PC or Laptop.
* Systems designated to suit delegates requirements.
- Configuration of DeviceNet network.
- Basic communications, RS232, baud rates, etc.
- Refresher on RSLinx,
- Connecting communications cables.
- Configuring scanner card.
- Understanding LED indications.
- Understanding error messages.
- Power requirements.
- Configuring devices using RSNetworx.
- Online and offline modes.
- Saving configurations.
- Programming within the PLC.
- Reading and writing information to and from the PLC.
- Addressing of the nodes on the network.
- Node commissioning.
- EDS devices and libraries.
- Replacement of faulty IO cards.
- Replacement of faulty devices.
- Generation of documentation to assist fault finding.
Provisional bookings can be made via email, phone or letter. Confirmation in writing with a purchase order number is required four weeks prior to the course start date.
Dates may be offered to other customers after this date.
Joining instructions are sent out approximately two weeks prior to the course start date.
Typical course times are 09:00 to 16:30. Alternative arrangements can be made for customised and on-site courses.
A light lunch will be provided when training at our in-house facility.
Payment and Cancellations
Fees are based upon payment being made to confirm course booking. Should you be unable to meet these terms please advise us as we will be able to re-quote on your payment terms.
Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT. New Customers are required to pay pro forma.
Requests for cancellation must be made via email or letter. Cancellation charges may apply.
Basic understanding of Allen-Bradley PLCs