Upon completion of the course the student should:
- Be able to recognise and identify PLC hardware components.
- Be able to replace IO cards.
- Be able to get online and monitor PLC code.
- Understand PLC basic instruction set and basic ladder programs.
- Be able to upload and download (backup and restore) a PLC program.
- Using simple techniques and test points be able to perform basic system diagnostics when a problem occurs.
Equipment per Delegate
- Mitsubishi FX Series PLC.
- PC or laptop.
To fault find a system you need to know exactly how it works.
How exactly does a PLC work?
- Am I getting the input to the PLC?
- The LED on the output card means I am getting voltage out right?
- A PLC is a logic controller, so use a logical approach to fault find it.
- What are the 8 simple test points to check?
How do I do the following?
- How do I check the power is on and the PLC is in the right mode (RUN or Program).
- Check for a fault condition.
- Establish a link between PC and PLC.
- Create a blank project and take a backup.
- Open project for PLC and go online.
- Interrogate diagnostics.
- Identify a hardware / software fault.
- Change the battery.
- Change IO cards if necessary (with and without spares).
- Identify a PLC / comms fault.
- Check all settings against a template, etc.
- Check hardware (what voltage should be where).
- Clear memory and download program.
- Check software against latest copy.
- Monitor program effectively.
- Understand basic ladder programs.
- Searching for specific operands and instructions.
- Check or create a monitor table to establish parameter status.
- Call up reference data to assist with software diagnostics.
- Display documentation (symbols, comments).
Provisional bookings can be made via email, phone or letter. Confirmation in writing with a purchase order number is required four weeks prior to the course start date.
Dates may be offered to other customers after this date.
Joining instructions are sent out approximately two weeks prior to the course start date.
Typical course times are 09:00 to 16:30. Alternative arrangements can be made for customised and on-site courses.
A light lunch will be provided when training at our in-house facility.
Payment and Cancellations
Fees are based upon payment being made to confirm course booking. Should you be unable to meet these terms please advise us as we will be able to re-quote on your payment terms.
Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT. New Customers are required to pay pro forma.
Requests for cancellation must be made via email or letter. Cancellation charges may apply.
Mitsubishi FX Series