C Series PLC Level 1
Upon completion of the course the student should:
- Be able to recognise C series hardware and be able to replace modules when a fault occurs.
- Be able to operate the Omron CX Developer software to make it perform certain tasks.
- Understand basic instruction set and be able to make minor modifications to software.
- Be able to backup and restore a PLC program when required.
- Be able to perform basic system diagnostics when a problem occurs.
Equipment per Delegate
- Omron C Series PLC.
- PC or laptop.
To fault find a system you need to know exactly how it works.
How exactly does a PLC work?
- Am I getting the input to the PLC?
- The LED on the output card means I am getting voltage out right?
- What exactly happens in-between? Theres more than just a program in the CPU.
- How exactly does it scan the program?
- What is this Watchdog Timer? Is it that important?
- Can I use the same output twice? That's bad programming isn't it?
- A PLC is a logic controller, so use a logical approach to fault find it.
- What are the 8 simple test points to check?
- What is the difference between forcing and toggling?
How do I do the following?
- Identify component parts of the C series PLC system.
- IO addressing and configuration.
- Memory organisation.
- System connection.
- Understand and interpret system LEDs.
- Modes of operation.
- Communicating with the PLC.
- Contact and relay-type instructions.
- Timer and counter instructions.
- Program control instructions.
- Comparison instructions.
- Maths instructions.
- Force functions.
- Search functions.
- Save function.
- Replacement of battery, IO modules and CPU.
- Fault find simple software problems.
- Fault find simple hardware faults.
- Interpret cross references and printouts.
- Generation of documentation to assist fault finding.
Provisional bookings can be made via email, phone or letter. Confirmation in writing with a purchase order number is required four weeks prior to the course start date.
Dates may be offered to other customers after this date.
Joining instructions are sent out approximately two weeks prior to the course start date.
Typical course times are 09:00 to 16:30. Alternative arrangements can be made for customised and on-site courses.
A light lunch will be provided when training at our in-house facility.
Payment and Cancellations
Fees are based upon payment being made to confirm course booking. Should you be unable to meet these terms please advise us as we will be able to re-quote on your payment terms.
Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT. New Customers are required to pay pro forma.
Requests for cancellation must be made via email or letter. Cancellation charges may apply.
Omron C Series
CX Developer / CX One