Upon completion of the course the student should:
- Be able to recognise and install hardware and be able to replace modules when a fault occurs.
- Be able to operate the LOGO!Software to make it perform certain tasks.
- Understand basic LOGO! instruction set and be able to make minor modifications to software.
- Be able to backup and restore a LOGO! program when required.
- Be able to perform basic system diagnostics when a problem occurs.
- Interface with the LOGO! TD.
Extra topics can be added to this basic course, including Anologs, ASi networking and ethernet comms.
Equipment per Delegate
- Siemens LOGO!
- PC or laptop
To fault find a system you need to know exactly how it works.
How do I do the following?
- Establish a link to the LOGO!.
- If comms problem check the interface.
- Create a blank project and take a backup.
- Open project for LOGO!.
- Change modules if necessary (with and without spares).
- Hardware configuration.
- Clear memory and download program.
- Check software against latest copy (Compare function).
- Simulating code.
- Online monitoring program.
- Searching for specific operands and instructions.
- Changing timer and counter values via LOGO! screen.
- Displaying messages on the LOGO! screen.
- Documentation (symbols, comments).
- Printing cross reference / program listings, etc.
- Displaying error and operator messages.
Background information also covered.
Understanding the following
- FBD and ladder programming.
- Inputs (I), Outputs (Q), Flags (M).
- AND, OR, XOR, NAND, NOT functions.
- Interconnecting functions.
- Documenting program.
- Basic Instructions, contacts, coils, set, reset, etc.
- Timers and counters.
- Pulse generators.
- Error / info window.
- linking to LOGO! TD display.
- Fault finding tips.
Provisional bookings can be made via email, phone or letter. Confirmation in writing with a purchase order number is required four weeks prior to the course start date.
Dates may be offered to other customers after this date.
Joining instructions are sent out approximately two weeks prior to the course start date.
Typical course times are 09:00 to 16:30. Alternative arrangements can be made for customised and on-site courses.
A light lunch will be provided when training at our in-house facility.
Payment and Cancellations
Fees are based upon payment being made to confirm course booking. Should you be unable to meet these terms please advise us as we will be able to re-quote on your payment terms.
Prices are quoted exclusive of VAT. New Customers are required to pay pro forma.
Requests for cancellation must be made via email or letter. Cancellation charges may apply.